Best Cable Modems for Cox Internet
Cox internet is one of the largest providers in the United States, with millions of customers. If you’re a Cox internet subscriber, you may be wondering which cable modem to buy. In this article, we’ll review the top three cable modems for Cox internet: the Arris SB8200, Netgear CM1000, and Motorola MB8600. We’ll also explain why these modems are the best choices for Cox internet subscribers and how to choose the right one for your needs.
Why Use a Cable Modem with Cox Internet?
Before we get into the specific modems, let’s quickly review why you should use a cable modem with Cox internet. A cable modem is a device that connects your home network to the internet through the cable TV line. While Cox provides its own modem, you may want to consider purchasing your own for several reasons:
- Cost savings: Buying your own modem can save you money on your monthly internet bill. Cox charges a rental fee for their modems, which can add up over time.
- Better performance: A third-party modem may provide better speeds and reliability than Cox’s modem.
- More control: When you own your modem, you have more control over your network settings and can customize your network to your needs.
Now that we’ve covered the benefits of using a cable modem with Cox internet, let’s dive into the top three options.
1. Arris SB8200
The Arris SB8200 is a popular choice among Cox internet subscribers. This modem is compatible with Cox’s gigabit internet plan and supports DOCSIS 3.1, the latest version of the cable modem standard. This means that it can provide faster speeds and more reliable performance than older modems.
The SB8200 also features 32×8 channel bonding, which allows for faster download and upload speeds. It has two Gigabit Ethernet ports, so you can connect your router and other devices directly to the modem.
Overall, the Arris SB8200 is a solid choice for Cox internet subscribers who want the best performance possible.
The Netgear CM1000 is another great option for Cox internet subscribers. Like the SB8200, it supports DOCSIS 3.1 and can provide speeds up to 1 Gbps. It has 32×8 channel bonding and two Gigabit Ethernet ports.
One advantage of the CM1000 is that it has a smaller form factor than the SB8200, which may be important if you have limited space for your networking equipment.
If you’re looking for a reliable and high-performance modem for Cox internet, the Netgear CM1000 is a great choice.
The Motorola MB8600 is a newer cable modem that’s quickly gaining popularity among Cox internet subscribers. It supports DOCSIS 3.1 and has 32×8 channel bonding for fast speeds.
The MB8600 has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be useful if you have multiple devices that need to be connected directly to the modem. It also has a compact design and is easy to set up.
Overall, the Motorola MB8600 is a great choice for Cox internet subscribers who want a reliable and easy-to-use modem.
How to Choose the Right Cable Modem for Cox Internet
When choosing a cable modem for Cox internet, there are several factors to consider:
- Compatibility: Make sure the modem you choose is compatible with Cox’s internet service. You can check Cox’s website for a list of approved modems.
- Speed: Choose a modem that can support the internet speed you’re paying for.
- Features: Consider what features are important to you, such as the number of Ethernet ports or the form factor of the modem.
- Price: While buying your own modem can save you money in the long run, make sure you choose one that fits your budget.
In conclusion, using your own cable modem with Cox internet can provide cost savings and better performance. The Arris SB8200, Netgear CM1000, and Motorola MB8600 are all top choices for Cox internet subscribers. When choosing a modem, consider compatibility, speed, features, and price to find the one that fits your needs.
- Will any cable modem work with Cox internet?
- No, you need to choose a modem that is compatible with Cox’s internet service. You can check our full list of Cox compatible modems for more options that may be more optimized for your service.
- Do I have to use Cox’s modem?
- No, you can purchase your own modem. Just make sure it’s compatible with Cox’s internet service. We always recommend calling your internet provider before placing an order with us or any other retailer to ensure that the model you’ve picked out will work in your area and be compatible with your service plan.
- Will using my own modem save me money?
- Yes, buying your own modem can save you money on your monthly internet bill.
- How do I set up a cable modem with Cox internet?
- Follow the instructions provided with your modem, or contact Cox’s customer support for assistance.
- Can I use a modem/router combo with Cox internet?
- Yes, you can use a modem/router combo, but you may experience slower speeds and less control over your network settings. It’s usually better to use a separate modem and router.