To cancel your AT&T Internet service, you will need to contact AT&T customer service. Here are some steps you can follow to cancel your AT&T Internet service:
- Call AT&T customer service at 1-800-288-2020. You can also visit the AT&T website and chat with a customer service representative online.
- Explain that you want to cancel your AT&T Internet service. Be prepared to provide your account information, including your account number and the address associated with the service.
- Ask about any fees or charges that may apply for canceling your service. AT&T may charge an early termination fee if you cancel your service before the end of your contract.
- Confirm the date that your service will be terminated. Make sure to cancel any additional services, such as TV or home phone service, if you no longer want them.
- Return any AT&T-owned equipment, such as modem and router, to an AT&T service center or authorized retail location. You may be charged for unreturned equipment.
- Make sure to cancel any automatic payments or billing arrangements you have with AT&T. You may need to provide written confirmation of your cancellation to AT&T.
It is important to note that the process for canceling AT&T Internet service may vary depending on your location and the specific terms of your service agreement. If you have any questions or issues during the cancellation process, you can contact AT&T customer service for assistance.
How to Speak with AT&T Customer Service
There are several ways you can get in touch with AT&T Internet customer service:
- Call AT&T customer service at 1-800-288-2020. This is a toll-free number that is available 24/7.
- Chat with a customer service representative online by visiting the AT&T website and clicking on the “Chat” button. This service is also available 24/7.
- Send a message to AT&T customer service through the AT&T website by clicking on the “Contact Us” link and selecting the appropriate category for your question or issue.
- Contact AT&T customer service through social media by sending a message through their Facebook or Twitter account.
- Visit an AT&T retail store or authorized retailer to speak with a customer service representative in person. You can find a store near you by using the store locator on the AT&T website.
It is important to note that the availability of customer service options may vary depending on your location and the specific service you are using. If you are having trouble reaching AT&T customer service or have any other issues, you can try one of the other contact methods listed above.
Did we answer all your questions about cancelling your AT&T internet service? Let us know in the comments, or leave your own questions for our technicians to answer!