Using a virtual private network (VPN) like NordVPN can be a great solution if you’re worried about safeguarding your internet privacy. Your internet connection is encrypted by a VPN, which also conceals your online activities from your ISP and other parties. We’ll go through how to utilize NordVPN in this article to protect your online privacy.
- Sign up for NordVPN: You must create an account on the company’s website in order to use NordVPN. To finish the sign-up process, choose a subscription plan that suits your needs and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Install the NordVPN app on your device: After creating an account, you must download and set up the NordVPN software on your device. The app is accessible on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac.
- Open the NordVPN app and choose a server to connect to in order to connect to one. You can select the NordVPN server that best suits your needs by looking at its global network of servers.
- Enable the kill switch to prevent your internet from remaining active if your VPN connection is lost. This makes it less likely that your internet activities will be made public if the VPN connection is lost. Go to the app’s settings and turn on the kill switch there.
- Utilize NordVPN’s additional privacy options: Other privacy features offered by NordVPN include CyberSec, which prevents harmful websites and advertisements, and Onion Over VPN, which increases anonymity by routing your traffic over the Onion network. You must enable them in the app’s settings in order to use these features.
You may use NordVPN to preserve your internet privacy and stop anyone from watching or tracking your online behavior by following these instructions. Remember that no VPN can guarantee 100% privacy, therefore it’s critical to adopt good online practices like using secure passwords and avoiding dubious websites.