Our Goal: Saving You Money
Most US-Based cable internet providers charge a monthly rental fee to use their modem or router that usually is around $10/month. We feel that $120/year, every year is just to much to be paying to rent outdated devices.
Removing the Information Barrier
Understandably, most people don’t have time to spend hours looking for the right model for their service. As a result, many find that the model they purchased is not approved for use with their provider. It’s not just people who are less technically savvy, either! Many of these customers are actually employed in a tech-industry field. The information on which models to will work is simply overwhelming and unless you have the knowledge to know what you need and literal hours to research it, you could find yourself having purchased a device that will not work with your service.
We, of course, would never say that a company is deliberately preventing customers from owning their modem or router. We have noticed though that over the last 10 years, it has become increasingly more difficult to find a list of compatible devices for each internet service provider.
Brighthouse Compatible Cable Modems
Our Mission at ModemGuides.com
When ModemGuides was first being developed, we wanted to have a complete list of compatible modems for each internet service provider on our site, since so many of our customers in the past had voiced how difficult it is to find a device that will work with their service. Our technicians and customer support teams worked hard to gather all the information needed about each provider and model so that you can make the most purchase.
Our customers always come first! We always love hearing when our customer has successfully put an end to their monthly modem rental fee! Even if you end up purchasing elsewhere after using one of our compatible modem lists, we are always still happy knowing that some large greedy internet service provider just stopped getting your modem rental fee.
Affordable Internet for the People
We believe that reliable, affordable internet access should be available to everyone as a utility, regardless of socioeconomic background. We ultimately will always have the goal to help our customers save as much money as possible on their internet service charges. While we are not able to impact the service pricing of these large corporations, we can, however, help spread awareness and access to other ways of reducing the cost of staying online.
In addition to paying our employees a living wage & operating on the superior 4-day work week schedule, we also donate thousands of used and refurbished equipment every year to local charities in an effort to provide low cost networking for those in need. Every purchase on ModemGuides.com helps support our goal of supplying networking equipment for free to low income households, schools and community centers.
Similarly, we also do everything in our power to reduce our environmental impact. After we refurbish equipment, there is inevitably some leftover parts, cleaning supplies and other waste that is generated. We go out of our way to ensure that the environmental impact of this waste is minimized. All of our defective or unusable electronics parts are sent to an e-waste center where the materials are broken down and are then used to make a new product.
Brighthouse Cable FAQ
Why did Brighthouse change to Spectrum?
Back in 2015-2016, Charter Cable (which owns Spectrum, Time Warner & some other carriers) bought out Bright House Networks. Now, as of Spring, 2016 Brighthouse has become “Spectrum” in many areas.
How to reboot Brighthouse cable box?
How to Reboot Your Brighthouse Cable Box:
- Unplug the power cable from the back of your modem.
- Wait 10-15 seconds for the device to fully turn off.
- Plug your modem back in.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for your modem to boot up.
If rebooting your modem did not fix the issue you were trying to correct, we recommend checking out our in-depth guide on factory resetting your modem. This basically puts your modem back to default settings, however it does not remove it from your internet account – so don’t worry you won’t have to go through activation again with your provider. It does, however, fix most issues you may encounter with your modem.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.
How to reset Brighthouse Cable Modem?
Resetting Modems is a common technical task that can fix most day-to-day issues you may encounter with your modem. Feel free to check out our guide on resetting modems for a more in-depth overview, but here’s the basics:
How to Factory Reset Your Brighthouse Cable Box:
- Locate the reset button on the back of your cable modem (usually it’s a small hole, on the back near where all the ports are).
- Press & hold down the reset button with a paperclip/pen cartridge for 30 seconds.
- Usually the lights will change to amber or start blinking differently after about 20 seconds.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for your modem to reset, and reboot itself.
Troubleshooting your Factory Reset:
If, for some reason your factory reset did not reset the modem, here are some potential reasons why that may be:
- The reset button was not firmly pressed for the entire 30 seconds (try again, but ensure you’re pressing firmly the whole time)
- Your provider has loaded firmware onto your modem, causing it to not reset properly/fully (try again, exactly the same steps EXCEPT with the coaxial cable unscrewed)
- Your modem is defective (ModemGuides customers, please contact us for support, All others please consult with the manufacturer or seller you purchased from)
How to cancel Brighthouse internet?
Cancelling your internet service with Brighthouse is super easy! All you need to do is call up Brighthouse customer service at: (833) 267-6094.
Make sure to have your account information such as address, phone number, account number and any other identifying personal information handy when you call. If you’re using a rented modem, it’s also a good idea to request a return kit or RMA to send your rental back.
Did we answer all your questions about the Brighthouse Compatible Modems? Let us know in the comments, or leave your own questions for our technicians to answer!