Bright House Networks, LLC is a US-based telecom company owned by Charter Communications and is the tenth-largest internet service provider in the United States. This provider is headquartered in NY state, and services more than 2.2 million customers across the US.
Our primary goal is to help you save money on your Brighthouse Spectrum modem rental fees every month! To help making owning your modem even easier, we’ve put together a list of modems and modem router combos that have been tested to work with Brighthouse internet services.
- 16x4 Channel Bonding Supports Download Speeds Up to 686 Mbps
- Compatible with Comcast, Time Warner, Spectrum, Charter, Brighthouse, Mediacom & Cox
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with Dual-Band AC1900 Wireless Router Built-in
- Includes Support for IPv4 & IPv6 Technology
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports + 1 USB 2.0 Host Port + Coaxial Port
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, AC1750 Dual-band Wi-Fi Router & 4 Port Gigabit Router
- 32x8 Channel Bonding to Support Download Speeds up to 686 Mbps
- Compatible with Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, Time Warner, Charter and Brighthouse
- AC1750 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band Concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Wi-Fi with beamforming – max coverage and performance
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + Built-In 4-Port N300 WiFi Router
- Advanced Security with Firewall, Parental Controls, IPv6 & IPv4
- 8x4 Channel Bonding Supports Wired Download Speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Compatible with Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Cox, Spectrum & Time Warner
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports + Power Supply + Coaxial F Connector + ON/OFF Button
Brighthouse Internet FAQ
How to cancel Brighthouse internet?
Cancelling your internet service with Brighthouse is super easy! All you need to do is call up Brighthouse customer service at: (833) 267-6094.
Make sure to have your account information such as address, phone number, account number and any other identifying personal information handy when you call. If you’re using a rented modem, it’s also a good idea to request a return kit or RMA to send your rental back.
Why did Brighthouse change to Spectrum?
Back in 2015-2016, Charter Cable (which owns Spectrum, Time Warner & some other carriers) bought out Bright House Networks. Now, as of Spring, 2016 Brighthouse has become “Spectrum” in many areas.
How to reboot Brighthouse cable box?
How to Reboot Your Brighthouse Cable Box:
- Unplug the power cable from the back of your modem.
- Wait 10-15 seconds for the device to fully turn off.
- Plug your modem back in.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for your modem to boot up.
How to Factory Reset Your Brighthouse Cable Box:
- Locate the reset button on the back of your modem (usually it’s a small hole, on the back near where all the ports are).
- Press & hold down the reset button with a paperclip/pen cartridge for 30 seconds.
- Usually the lights will change to amber or start blinking differently after about 20 seconds.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for your modem to reset, and reboot itself.
Troubleshooting your Factory Reset:
If, for some reason your factory reset did not reset the modem, here are some potential reasons why that may be:
- The reset button was not firmly pressed for the entire 30 seconds (try again, but ensure you’re pressing firmly the whole time)
- Your provider has loaded firmware onto your modem, causing it to not reset properly/fully (try again, exactly the same steps EXCEPT with the coaxial cable unscrewed)
- Your modem is defective (ModemGuides customers, please contact us for support, All others please consult with the manufacturer or seller you purchased from)