Sonic Compatible Modem List
Finding the right Sonic modem that will work with your internet service can be tricky! Most people who return their modem order across all retail websites are returning due to customers mistakenly buying a model that will not work for their service. Regardless of if the modem they returned was wrong because of compatibility with an internet provider, or if the device simply did not provide the features needed to support their services.
Fortunately, you can prevent wasting time needing to return your modem! Just check out our list of Sonic approved modems, and you’ll be on the right path to purchasing the correct modem for your internet service! Please always call Sonic before ordering, just to make sure that the model you’ve picked out will work in your area and be fully compatible with your internet service plan.
Sonic Approved Modems List
|PACE||4111N||N||Single-line Fusion ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+|
|PACE||5268AC||AC & N||Most VDSL and VDSL2 services as well Fusion X2, Bonded Fusion and Fusion Fiber to the Home|
|SmartRG||SR515AC||AC & N||Single-line Fusion ADSL2+ and VDSL2 services as well as Fusion Fiber to the Home|
How to Activate Your Modem with Sonic
Activating a modem with Sonic internet service typically involves the following steps:
- Unbox your modem and connect it to a power source.
- Connect the modem to your computer or router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the modem and wait for the lights to stabilize. This can take a few minutes.
- Open your web browser and enter the default IP address for your modem. This can typically be found in the modem’s manual or on the bottom of the modem.
- Log in to the modem’s web interface using the default username and password. This can also typically be found in the modem’s manual or on the bottom of the modem.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “setup” or “configuration” page.
- Enter your Sonic account information, including your username and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. This may include setting up the modem’s network settings and configuring any additional features.
- Once the modem is activated and configured, you should be able to connect to the internet.
It’s important to note that these steps may vary depending on the specific modem you are using, so you should refer to your modem’s manual or contact Sonic’s customer support for assistance with the activation process.
Additionally, it’s important to check with Sonic for the compatibility of your modem with their service, as not all modems will work with Sonic’s network. Sonic may have a list of approved modems that you can use with their service, it’s recommended to check their website or contact their customer support for more information.
Did we answer all your questions about which models work with Sonic Internet service? Let us know in the comments, or leave your own questions for our technicians to answer, or check out our other modem compatibility lists for information on other providers!