Currently, Suddenlink has three Internet service packages that support a wide variety of speed possibilities. If you’re interested in streaming, online gaming, or any other online activity that requires quicker speeds, we strongly suggest choosing with a model in the 101-500 Mbps or 500+ Mbps categories, as these models will be able to support higher speed data rates more effectively. Consequently, there will be less buffering and lag. Each provided package and the minimum modem specifications necessary to operate on that tier plan are shown below. Before proceeding to the list of Suddenlink modems, please verify the plan you are on and which are available in your location.
Suddenlink Internet Plans 2023
Suddenlink provides a number of Internet plans to accommodate the varying demands of its customers. There may be variations in the available plans based on your location and other variables. Here are some samples of current Internet plans offered by Suddenlink:
- Internet 100: This plan provides download speeds of up to 100 Mbps and is suitable for households with multiple devices and moderate internet usage.
- Internet 200: This plan provides download speeds of up to 200 Mbps and is suitable for households with multiple devices and heavy internet usage, including streaming, gaming, and more.
- Internet 500: This plan provides download speeds of up to 500 Mbps and is suitable for households with multiple devices and very heavy internet usage, including streaming high-definition video, online gaming, and more.
- Internet 1 Gig: This plan provides download speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps and is suitable for households with multiple devices and extremely heavy internet usage, including streaming 4K video, online gaming, and more.
Keep in mind that these are merely examples, and the actual plans you can choose from may vary. You can visit the Suddenlink website or call their customer service department to learn more about the Internet options available in your area.
Suddenlink Approved Modems List
|Arris||SBG6580||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Arris||SB6141||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
|Arris||SBG6700-AC||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Arris||SBG6400||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Netgear||C6220||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Netgear||C3000||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Netgear||C3700||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Netgear||CG3000Dv2||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Netgear||CM400||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
|Motorola||MB7220||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
|Motorola||MG7310||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|Motorola||MG7315||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|TP-LINK||TC-7610||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
|TP-LINK||TC-W7960||Up to 100 Mbps||Yes||3.0||8x4|
|D-LINK||DCM301||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
|Linksys||CM3008||Up to 100 Mbps||No||3.0||8x4|
*These are the max speeds the technology can accommodate. Speeds may vary based on configuration and other factors.
How to Activate a Suddenlink Modem
Activating a modem with Suddenlink internet service typically involves the following steps:
- Unbox your modem and connect it to a power source.
- Connect the modem to your computer or router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the modem and wait for the lights to stabilize. This can take a few minutes.
- Open your web browser and enter the default IP address for your modem. This can typically be found in the modem’s manual or on the bottom of the modem.
- Log in to the modem’s web interface using the default username and password. This can also typically be found in the modem’s manual or on the bottom of the modem.
- Once logged in, navigate to the “setup” or “configuration” page.
- Enter your Suddenlink account information, including your username and password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process. This may include setting up the modem’s network settings and configuring any additional features.
- Once the modem is activated and configured, you should be able to connect to the internet.
It’s important to note that these steps may vary depending on the specific modem you are using, so you should refer to your modem’s manual or contact Suddenlink’s customer support for assistance with the activation process.
Additionally, it’s important to check with Suddenlink for the compatibility of your modem with their service, as not all modems will work with Suddenlink’s network. Suddenlink may have a list of approved modems that you can use with their service, it’s recommended to check their website or contact their customer support for more information.
Did we answer all your questions about Suddenlink Approved Modems? Let us know in the comments, or leave your own questions for our technicians to answer!