Windstream Compatible Modems List
Saving money on your Windstream modem rental fee is super easy! Windstream supports devices that can be activated instead of the provided rental option, saving you from paying that modem rental fee every month! Even though we’ve supplied a complete list of Windstream compatible modems, please always check with your provider before making a purchase to ensure that the model you’ve selected is the best possible fit for your service.
Windstream’s internet support instructs that your new device must have DSL speeds up to 12mb can be handled by a router or modem that supports ADSL. If you are on a GBOND or VDSL connection, your router or modem will have to support that. Windstream can advise you of the connection type and the basic settings your device will need. However, Windstream won’t know how to walk through setting up routers or modems that aren’t current ones provided by Windstream.
Best Modem Router Combo for Windstream
We know there are a lot of things to consider when picking out a new modem, and everyone’s needs are different as far as features and specifications that you require for your service. Our selection for best modem router combo for Windstream may not be the best for you, but we picked one that will work best for *most* of our customers.
- Actiontec T3200 Dual-Band Wireless DSL Modem and Router Combo
- Compatible with Windstream Service & other DSL Internet Providers
- Supports Speeds up to 1 Gbps (1000 Mbps)
- Dual-Band Wireless Connectivity – 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz
- 4 Ethernet Ports + 1 Phone/DSL Port + 1 USB Host Port
Why We Picked the Actiontec T3200
- The T3200 supports Gigabit internet speeds (1000Mbps), making it pretty future proof and compatible with almost all commercially available internet plans.
- This model is also compatible with a number of other DSL providers, in addition to Windstream. As a result, you’re allowed more flexibility to use this device with other internet providers.
- The Actiontec T3200 features Built-in WiFi that happens to be Dual-Band. Dual-Band wireless is a really essential upgrade that can really help out the signal strength and connection in your home. Dual-Band works by offering 2 separate wireless networks for you to connect to, each being broadcast at a slightly different frequency so there’s less interference.
- Since this device is made by Actiontec, it’s easy to activate and manage. Setting up WiFi settings and security is super quick to manage using the modem’s admin settings panel which can be accessed via your web browser while connected via wireless or Ethernet.