Technicolor C2000T Product Manual & Install Guide
The Technicolor C2000T Product Manual & Install Guide is an indispensable resource for anyone who wants to make the most of their Technicolor C2000T modem. This comprehensive guide covers everything from installing the modem and configuring it for use to troubleshooting and optimizing performance. It includes detailed instructions on connecting and configuring the modem for use with various types of networks, as well as helpful tips for troubleshooting common issues. Additionally, this guide provides information about the various features and functions of the modem, allowing users to get the most out of their internet experience. With this manual, users can quickly and easily set up and configure their modem, ensuring they get the most out of their internet service.
How to Install Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem
1. Unpack your modem. Your modem should contain: the modem, power adapter, Ethernet cable, and phone line cord(s).
2. Plug one end of the power adapter into the back of the modem, and the other end into an electrical outlet.
3. Connect the Ethernet cable from your computer to the modem.
4. Plug the first phone line cord into the wall jack, then plug the other end into the DSL port on the modem.
5. Plug the second phone line cord into the wall jack, then plug the other end into the port labeled LINE on the modem.
6. Turn on your modem by pressing the power button on the back.
7. Wait for the modem to fully boot up. This can take up to five minutes.
8. On your computer, open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1.
9. Enter the default username and password. By default, the username is admin and the password is password.
10. You should now see the modem’s setup page. Follow the instructions to connect your modem to CenturyLink.
11. Once your modem is connected to CenturyLink, you should be able to access the internet.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed your Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem with CenturyLink.
How to Factory Reset Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem
Factory resetting your modem is a quick but important troubleshooting tool that you can use to help resolve most common networking problems. Knowing how to reset your modem can also be helpful if you’re doing an upgrade or are switching to a new provider and are looking to resell your old CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T. Learn how to do a factory reset in just a few minutes using our guide!
- Locate the reset button on the back of your modem near where all the ports are. On this model (C2000T), there will be a red circle around where your reset button is.
- Next, locate a paperclip or a pen cartridge to press and hold down the reset button with.
- Press down the reset button for 30 seconds or until the front lights turn an amber color, then release.
- After releasing the button, allow the C2000T to reset itself for 5 minutes. You’ll know it’s finished when you see the WiFi lights come on.
How to Change the WiFi Password on Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem
1. Connect a computer to the modem either with an Ethernet cable or by connecting to the modem‘s Wi–Fi network.
2. Open a web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and navigate to the modem‘s IP address. The IP address is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. If you don‘t know the IP address, you can find it by checking the modem‘s label or by opening a command prompt and typing ipconfig.
3. Log into the modem‘s settings page. The default username is admin and the default password is password. 4. Once you‘re logged in, navigate to the Wi–Fi settings page. This can usually be found under the Advanced, Wireless, or Security tab.
5. Once you‘re on the Wi–Fi settings page, you should see a section for changing the Wi–Fi password. Enter your desired password in the appropriate field.
6. Save the settings by clicking the “Save“ or “Apply“ button.
7. Log out of the modem‘s settings page and disconnect any devices connected to the modem.
8. Reconnect the devices to the modem using the new Wi–Fi password.
And that‘s it! You‘ve successfully changed the Wi–Fi password on your Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem.
Did we answer all your questions about the CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem? Let us know in the comments, or leave your own questions for our technicians to answer!