Warranty, Returns & Refunds
Choose a Topic:
U.S. Returns &
Extended Holiday Returns Policy
Items purchased ModemGuides.com that are received between November 15th and December 25th 2021 may be returned up until January 8th 2022. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the ModemGuides.com Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25th are subject to the Standard Returns Policy.
Standard Return Policy
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased online from ModemGuides:
- You have 30 calendar days to request a return for item from the date it was delivered by the postal carrier.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from ModemGuides.com can be returned to ModemGuides. Serial numbers are recorded for each order, and those records are used when processing refunds. Please ensure you’re sending back the exact item you received in order to receive a full refund.
Please ensure that the item you’re returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it.
There are some items, however, that are ineligible for return, including:
- Electronic Software Downloads
- Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)
- ModemGuides.com Gift Cards
*You can return software, provided that it has not been installed on any computer. Software that contains a printed software license may not be returned if the seal or sticker on the software media packaging is broken. Please contact us for more information.
DSL & Cable Modem Returns – Service Cancellation
We do not accept returns that are currently linked to an internet service account. If you’ve cancelled your service recently and are returning your order with us, ensure that your device has been completely removed from your service account before returning. Please contact your provider for more information.
How to Return
Ship your item back to ModemGuides
To return an item to ModemGuides, start by opening a return request using this webform.
Within 2-3 days, our team will reach out to you with return instructions and your return label. We recommend using the original box your order arrived in to protect your order on its way back to our warehouse. Make sure to print your return label & ship your return within 1 week of receiving the label.
You can either schedule a pickup with the carrier or drop off the package at any of the carrier’s locations.
Additional steps may be required for international returns to the continental United States. Please indicate in your return request that you will be shipping your return from outside of the continental US & allow an additional day or two for us to get back to you while we arrange for your return.
Modemguides.com offers a 90 day warranty on all products sold on our website. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship and applies to the original purchaser of the product.
If your product is found to be defective within 90 days of the original purchase date, please contact us immediately to request a return authorization. We will provide you with a return shipping label and instructions on how to return the product.
Once we receive the defective product, we will inspect it to verify the defect. If the defect is verified, we will either repair or replace the product at no additional cost to you. If the product cannot be repaired or replaced, we will issue a refund for the full purchase price.
This warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse, accidents, or unauthorized modifications to the product. It also does not cover normal wear and tear, cosmetic damage, or damage caused by natural disasters or other external factors.
Please note that this warranty is provided in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under applicable law.
Once we receive your item, a refund is initiated within 5 business days of arrival. If you canceled an order with us before shipment, and you were billed for it, we initiate your refund immediately after your cancellation request was confirmed. The way your refund is processed depends on your original payment method:
- If you paid by credit or debit card, refunds will be sent to the card-issuing bank within five business days of receipt of the returned item or cancellation request. Please contact the card-issuing bank with questions about when the credit will be posted to your account.
- Refunds on products purchased from using an Gift Card will be issued to you as an account credit / ModemGuides giftcard by email.
- Products paid for using your ModemGuides Account Balance will be refunded to your Account Balance.
Exchanging an Item
If you purchased your item from ModemGuides in the U.S., you can also request an exchange. Item exchanges are, of course, subject to product availability. It’s a good idea to check in-stock availability by contacting us, or by viewing the product on ModemGuides.com to see if the item is currently available. In some situations, we can issue exchanges for backordered items, however this depends on a number of factors.
Items ordered online from ModemGuides.com that arrived damaged or are incorrect can be returned by contacting Customer Service.
Return a Gift
Returning a gift order is almost as easy as a normal return. Please fill out our return request webform, and our team will reach out to you within 2-3 business days. You’ll need to provide your order number located on your order’s packing slip, and the address you’ll be shipping your return from. Please also make sure to note in the comments section that you’re returning a gift order.
Note: You can only return items from one order at a time.
Provide your contact information and select Continue to submit your return.
Once we receive your items, we’ll email your refund in the form of an electronic ModemGuides giftcard, unless you indicate in your return request that you would prefer a different for of payment.
Will I get a refund if I return an item purchased as part of a BOGO promotion?
When purchasing items as part of a Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotion, the promotional discount is based on the lowest priced item, then applied to each item proportionately. If you choose to return any of the items, your refund will be reduced to the discounted amount for each item.
Here are some examples:
- Buy One, Get One Free: If your first qualifying item is $60 and your second qualifying item is $40, the $60 item will be discounted by $24 and the $40 item will be discounted by $16, which gives a total discount of $40. If either item is returned, the return value will be equal to the original purchase price reduced by its prorated discount.
- Buy One, Get One 50% Off: If your first qualifying item is $60 and your second qualifying item is $40, the $60 item will be discounted by $12 and the $40 item will be discounted by $8, which gives a total discount of $20. If either item is returned, the return value will be equal to the original purchase price reduced by its prorated discount.
How will I be refunded for my return?
In most cases your refund will automatically go back to the original form of payment used for the purchase. In the event you used multiple forms of payment, your refund may be issued across all payment methods used. If you’ve cancelled the card your payment was originally made from or there is some other reason why you are not able to receive your refund to the card you used to pay, please contact us.
Is return shipping free, or do I need to pay postage?
Shipping costs for returns are determined based on the reason for your return. In most cases, we do not charge for return shipping. We recommend contacting us if you have any questions regarding your order, specifically.
We do not provide a prepaid return mailing label in the following instances:
- The product ordered was not compatible with your internet provider or setup
- The product was damaged after it was delivered by the postal carrier
- You’re returning because you found a better price somewhere else
- The order arrived “on time” but was late for your scheduled installation appointment
- Custom orders or any order shipped via LTL freight
Why was my return declined by the online return center?
If our online return center has declined a return for any reason, the order will be shipped back to you and you’ll receive an email explaining the details of the declined return. Our online return center will send the order back to you via USPS, UPS or Fedex and you should receive it within 7 days of your return processing.
Often our online return center can reuse the tracking number from your return shipment, so you may be able to use this information to track the return of your declined order.
A return may be declined for one of the following reasons:
- Your return was outside of the return policy window (30-days from date of delivery).
- The item was still active with your internet provider.
- The item was non-returnable or non-returnable if opened.
- The online return center wasn’t able to locate the order number or other information needed to process the return.
- The item was not purchased from ModemGuides.com or does not match the serial number we have on file for your order.
I submitted my return request, but didn't receive an email. What do I do?
You may not have received an email confirmation after submitting your return request due to several possible reasons:
- The email address you entered is not valid
- The message was sent to your spam folder
- You did not completely fill out the form
To correct this and ensure you receive your packing slip, we recommend refilling out the form and submitting again. If you are still unable to find the message, check your spam folder or contact us for a manual return request.
Are shipping charges refunded for ModemGuides returns?
Shipping charges may be refunded depending on the reason for your ModemGuides return. If your shipping charges aren’t refunded, please contact us to determine if you’re eligible for a refund. You may not be refunded for shipping charges if:
- The return was declined by our online return center.
- The return was not due to an error by ModemGuides.
If you placed an order and haven’t received it yet, you can refuse your order when the shipper delivers your package. When we receive the returned items, we’ll credit your account for the price of the items and any shipping costs.