Actiontec C1900A Product Details
The Actiontec C1900A Modem delivers a brilliant HD IPTV, gaming, and Web experience for both ADSL and VDSL customers. This model also features support for pair-bonded VDSL2+. This means your wireless will have faster speeds and better range. In addition to upgraded speeds and network range, the CenturyLink C1900A also features an ultra-powerful hardware design and several other bonuses that set this model apart from others. These include Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless 802.11n, and compatibility with both VDSL or ADSL service (single line or bonded) from CenturyLink.
Better Wireless Coverage with the C1900A
The C1900A has been enhanced to include features that help boost your wireless network performance. MU-MIMO Smart Antenna technology is included to further increase wireless performance compared with other similar models. Users will enjoy better whole-home wireless coverage and fewer dead spots in and around the home, all thanks to MU-MIMO technology.
Auto Fall Back to ADSL2+/2
The CenturyLink C1900A VDSL2 router features “Auto Fall Back to single-line ADSL2+/2” to seamlessly operate on ADSL2+ and ADSL2 networks. As a result, this router automatically will work on any VDSL or ADSL network. This feature is really great since most people would need to purchase a different model to meet the compatibility standards of their new provider. Since this model has this ability to use either VDSL or ADSL, you may not need to get any different equipment before beginning service.
Security for the 21st Century
The Actiontec C1900A Modem Router for VDSL2 supports the latest in wireless security, so you don’t have to worry about hackers, snoopers, or other security threats. The router offers enterprise-level security, including a fully customizable firewall with Stateful Packet Inspection, denial of service protection, content filtering, and intrusion detection. WPA/WPA2 and WEP wireless encryption keep unwanted visitors from accessing the home network. Own yours today and upgrade your network security in seconds!
- Actiontec C1900A Modem for DSL Service with CenturyLink
- DSL/Phone Cable
- C1900A Power Supply Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- Online Quick Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Actiontec modem is primarily used and is compatible with CenturyLink service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Actiontec C1900A Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Actiontec C1900A
Activating your Actiontec C1900A is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Actiontec C1900A
Resetting your Actiontec C1900A is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.