Actiontec T3200 Product Details
A high-performance modem created for use with DSL (digital subscriber line) internet service is the Actiontec T3200 DSL Modem. The T3200 is perfect for homes and small companies that rely on a steady internet connection thanks to its cutting-edge technology and dependable connections.
With the T3200’s integrated router, you may simultaneously connect a number of devices to the internet. Four Gigabit Ethernet ports are also included, enabling quick and dependable wired connectivity for gadgets like PCs, game consoles, and smart TVs.
The T3200 also comes with cutting-edge security capabilities to shield your network and devices from cyberthreats. Your online activity is safe and confidential thanks to its firewall and secure WiFi security.
Overall, for those looking for a steady internet connection and cutting-edge security measures, the Actiontec T3200 DSL Modem is a dependable and high-performing option.
All of Windstream’s xDSL protocols, including bonded and fiber to the home up to 1Gbps, are supported by the T3200. It will function with any Windstream DSL internet service up to 1 Gbps. For activation or configuration, a call to Windstream technical support may be necessary, and depending on the customer’s location, some customers may need skilled installation by a Windstream service expert. To make sure this model is a good fit for your setup and your service package, we always advise phoning your provider before placing your order.
Actiontec T3200 Additional Features:
- Wireless AC (802.11ac) with backward compatibility for Wireless B/G/N
- Dual Band with 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz bands for maximum performance
- Includes 4 Ethernet Ports (no Gig-E port)
- Includes Remote HTTP access
- Supports Wired Download Speeds up to 1G
- Actiontec T3200 DSL Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Actiontec T3200 Power Supply Cable
- DSL / Phone Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
In most locations, this Actiontec modem is used and compatible with Windstream service. Prior to placing your order with us, always get in touch with the customer service department of your service provider to make sure this model will be compatible with your service plan. It’s possible that some service plan speeds won’t work.
Actiontec T3200 Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Actiontec T3200
Activating your Actiontec T3200 is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Actiontec T3200
Resetting your Actiontec T3200 is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
There are a few different ways to find your IP address:
- On a computer or device connected to the internet:
- Windows: Open the Start menu and type “cmd” into the search bar. In the command prompt, type “ipconfig” and press enter. Your IP address will be listed under “IPv4 Address.”
- Mac: Open the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.” In the Network panel, select your active network connection (e.g. Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and click “Advanced.” Your IP address will be listed under the “TCP/IP” tab.
- Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi. Tap on the network that you are connected to and your IP address will be listed under “IP address.”
- iOS: Go to Settings > WiFi. Tap on the “i” icon next to the network that you are connected to and your IP address will be listed under “IP Address.”
- On your router:
- Check the documentation for your router to find out how to access the router’s web-based configuration page. Once you are logged in, you can find your IP address under the “Network” or “Internet” settings.
- You can use an online service such as whatismyip.com to find your public IP address. This is the address that is visible to the rest of the internet and is used to identify your device when you connect to websites and other online services.