Actiontec WCB6200Q Product Details
Extend the range of your WiFi network to the far corners of your home with the Actiontec WiFi Network Extender WCB6200Q. Using the latest bonded MoCA 2.0 standard, next-generation wireless AC, video prioritization technology, a powerful 4×4 GHz radio, and better antenna design, this WiFi extender turbo-charges the existing home wireless network and delivers a better video streaming experience. Own yours today and help eliminate spotty coverage.
Next Generation 802.11ac Speeds
The WiFi Network Extender Actiontec WCB6200Q adds 802.11ac to your network, which delivers wireless speeds up to 2.8 times faster than a typical wireless N network. With a total WiFi throughput up to 2 Gbps*, the WCB6200Q lets you stream HD-quality video and play online games without any glitches or lag. It’s one of the most cost-effective ways to upgrade your network to next-generation technology without replacing your router.
Outperform the Competition
According to tests performed by Allion USA, the WiFi Network Extender WCB6200Q outperformed its competitor on the 5GHz band (client receive direction) by up to 2x the throughput at far locations within the 3000 sq ft test house. As a result, the WCB6200Q is the preferred solution for extending wireless coverage to an upstairs or downstairs floor.
Use Existing Coaxial Wiring
With MoCA technology, your home’s existing coaxial wiring is instantly converted into an Ethernet network that delivers high-speed Internet access to the many devices in your home. The result is a powerful whole-home network and the benefits of a wired connection, without having to run new Ethernet cables through the walls.
Gigabit Speeds with Bonded MoCA Technology
With support for the latest bonded MoCA 2.0 standard, the WCB6200Q bonds MoCA channels to support speeds up to 1 Gbps through the home’s existing coaxial wiring. The result is a richer home networking experience and higher performance for video and gaming apps.
Actiontec WCB6200Q MOCA 2.0 802.11ac Wireless Network Extender Review & Install
How to Install Actiontec WCB6200Q
Installing the Actiontec WCB6200Q wireless range extender is a simple and straightforward process that will help you improve the coverage of your home or office WiFi network. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First, you will need to locate a spot to place your range extender that is within range of your existing WiFi network. This will ensure that the range extender can communicate with your router and repeat its signal.
- Next, plug the range extender into a power outlet near the chosen location. Wait a few minutes for it to power on and initialize.
- Once the range extender is powered on, you will need to connect a device (such as a laptop or smartphone) to the range extender’s WiFi network. You can find the name of the WiFi network and the password on the bottom or side of the range extender.
- After connecting to the range extender’s WiFi network, open a web browser and go to the range extender’s login page. The login page can usually be accessed by typing “192.168.1.1” or “mywifiext.net” into the address bar.
- Enter the default login credentials, which are usually “admin” for both the username and password. If the default login credentials have been changed, you will need to reset the range extender to the factory default settings.
- Once you are logged in, you will be presented with the range extender’s configuration page. From here, you can customize the range extender’s settings, such as the name and password of the WiFi network it creates, the security type, and more.
- To set up the range extender, click on the “Wireless Range Extender” option in the menu. Then, select the name of your existing WiFi network from the list of available networks.
- Enter the password for your existing WiFi network, and then click on the “Connect” button. The range extender will now be connected to your existing WiFi network and will begin repeating its signal.
- After the range extender has been successfully connected, you can unplug it and move it to its desired location. Make sure to place it within range of your existing WiFi network.
- Finally, you can test the range extender by connecting to the WiFi network it creates and seeing if you can access the internet from areas that were previously out of range. If you are having trouble connecting, try moving the range extender to a different location or adjusting its settings.
By following these steps, you should be able to easily install and set up the Actiontec WCB6200Q wireless range extender and extend the coverage of your home or office WiFi network.