Arris CM3200A Product Details
The ARRIS Touchstone CM3200 DOCSIS® 3.0 Cable Modem provides high-speed access to the Internet and other online services on your home network. You can use your CM3200 to directly connect a computer to your home or small business LAN through an Ethernet connection.
The Touchstone® CM3200 DOCSIS® 3.0 32×8 Cable Modem delivers over a Gigabit per second of raw speed. The CM3200 is well-suited to the home user – offering the speeds to stream multimedia content to multiple devices and the responsiveness to keep you “in the game” for online gaming.
CM3200 Key Features
DOCSIS® 3.0 Certified and backward compatible
External AC/DC Adapter for reduced product size
Flexible DS x US channel bonding support (up to 32×8)
DS Spectrum Analysis, Speed Test, and LEDs for fast troubleshooting
Business Services over DOCSIS (BSoD) support
Available in 42MHz and 85MHz upstream (future) options
- Arris CM3200A Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Arris modem is unlocked for use with most cable internet service providers in the US, including Comcast Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Mediacom, Cablevision, Cox and more. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Arris CM3200 Manuals & Guides
How to Activate Arris CM3200A
Activating your CM3200 cable modem with your internet provider is something that needs to be done in order for you to receive internet access on your devices. Generally, most activations take about 30-45 minutes.
- Plug in your new modem the same way as the one it’s replacing. You’ll want to make sure the power cable is plugged in, as well as making sure the coaxial cable is screwed in on the back.
- Next, wait about an hour so that your modem can download firmware needed for activation.
- Then, call your internet service provider for activation. Since the Arris CM3200A is compatible with many different providers, we recommend checking your internet bill for a customer service number, or if you’re using a kit provided by your service provider, use whatever number they have listed in your instructions.
- Once you call your provider, they will ask for several numbers on the bottom sticker of your CM3200. We recommend taking a picture on your phone so that it’s easier to read off to them when requested.
At the end of the call, they’ll confirm with you that you have internet access and confirm that your modem has been activated!
Arris CM3200A Login Instructions
Logging into the interface of your Arris CM3200A cable modem is a simple process that allows you to edit the settings of your modem to better suit your home network needs.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the back of your CM3200A modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into your computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari work best).
- Into the URL web address bar of your browser type in this number: 192.168.100.1
- Hit Enter to pull up the Arris branded login page of your modem. If this did not work, see the below for more information.
- The login page will be asking for a username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Hit login or submit.
You are now logged into your Arris CM3200A Modem!
“192.168.100.1” Isn’t Working
If you entered that number in and it did not pull up an Arris branded login page to access your modem’s settings, you’ll need to find the current IP address of your modem. There are several reasons why this could have changed from the factory default IP address, but it’s pretty simple to find out what it’s been changed to.
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using a program called “command prompt” to find the internal IP address so you can log into your modem’s settings.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.
How to Reset Arris CM3200A
Resetting the Arris CM3200A allows you to change all the settings back to their factory default. This can be helpful in a variety of troubleshooting situations and is always a good thing to know how to do.
- Plug in your Arris CM3200A and allow it to power up for 5 minutes to ensure it’s fully booted up.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem near all the ports. The button is located inside of a really small hole on the back, so you will need a paperclip or something small to press it in.
- Press and hold down the reset button for 30 seconds to ensure it is fully reset. Then release and allow another 5 minutes for your modem to boot back up after it resets.
Now your CM3200A cable modem is reset!