Logging into the interface of your Arris CM3200A cable modem is a simple process that allows you to edit the settings of your modem to better suit your home network needs.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the back of your CM3200A modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable into your computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari work best).
- Into the URL web address bar of your browser type in this number: 192.168.100.1
- Hit Enter to pull up the Arris branded login page of your modem. If this did not work, see the below for more information.
- The login page will be asking for a username and password.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Hit login or submit.
You are now logged into your Arris CM3200A Modem!
“192.168.100.1” Isn’t Working
If you entered that number in and it did not pull up an Arris branded login page to access your modem’s settings, you’ll need to find the current IP address of your modem. There are several reasons why this could have changed from the factory default IP address, but it’s pretty simple to find out what it’s been changed to.
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using a program called “command prompt” to find the internal IP address so you can log into your modem’s settings.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.