Arris SBG10 Product Details
The Arris SBG10 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem is compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, & other major US cable internet providers. This model comes complete with a built-in AC1600 dual-band WiFi router, access to the SurfBoard app to manage your network, 16×4 channel bonding which allows download speeds up to 686 Mbps. The Arris SBG10’s 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to connect wired devices such as printers, computers or range extenders.
Arris SBG10 Speeds & Compatibility
The Arris SurfBoard SBG10 has been tested and is confirmed to work with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, & other major US cable internet providers. Because of this model’s wide range of compatibility, ModemGuides recommends this model as one of the most versatile and great for anyone that’s still waiting to settle down and may move a few times in the next few years. Having a modem that doesn’t need to be replaced with each move can save tons of money and prevent unnecessary upgrades. As a result, this device is great for professionals that move often, families looking for a cost effective investment & anyone looking to save money.
Arris Dual-Band Wireless Coverage
The SBG10’s built-in router is a concurrent dual-band WiFi access point that helps extend your wireless network to the furthest reaches of your home. Dual-Band networks specifically target dead-zones and spotty coverage areas and allow you to access your network seamlessly through your whole home. This model features one network at 2.4 GHz and one network at 5 GHz. The 2.4 GHz network is great for the further reaches of your home since it is able to penetrate walls a bit easier. Conversely, the 5 GHz option is much faster than the 2.4 GHz, but does not penetrate walls as easily. As a result, the 5 GHz is best suited for devices like media players, desktop PC’s that are centrally located whereas the 2.4 GHz works better for mobile devices and ones located further from your access point.
From the Manufacturer
With download speeds up to 686 Mbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 1600 Mbps, the SBG10 is a powerful but economical choice for lower bandwidth homes.
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with an AC Wi-Fi router with 2 one-gigabit Ethernet ports. With 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels providing download speeds up to 686 Mbps and AC1600 Wi-Fi, it’s the perfect upgrade for lower bandwidth home networks. The all-in-one modem & Wi-Fi router combo means no more managing multiple devices. Plus, it saves you money on monthly modem rental fees.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem & AC Wi-Fi router best for cable internet speed plans up to 400 Mbps
- Compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and other major U.S. cable internet providers.
- 16 downstream x 4 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels.
- Dual-concurrent AC1600 Wi-Fi
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet Ports
How to Reset Your Arris SurfBoard SBG10
Resetting your Arris SBG10 is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
- Arris SBG10 Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
- ModemGuides Activation Guarantee
Will this work with my internet company?
This Arris modem is primarily used and is compatible with Cox, Comcast, Spectrum, Charter & Time Warner service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.