ARRIS SBG7580-AC Product Details
The SURFboard SBG7580-AC is a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band Concurrent 802.11ac Wi-Fi Access Point and 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Router all wrapped up in one device. An all-in-one device, this model also features McAfee Secure Home Internet, keeping all the devices on your network safe from online threats like malware and phishing scams. Manage your network remotely, set parental controls, & adjust wireless settings all from the mobile app. This model also includes features that make it great for streaming, gaming & downloading large files. The SBG7580-AC is compatible with many larger internet carriers in the US including Xfinity Comcast, Cox, Spectrum & Time Warner. Own yours today and stop paying your monthly modem rental fee!
Smart Home Enhancing with Safety Features
Secure your smart devices and keep your family and personal data safe. Integrated McAfee Secure Home Internet protects all the devices connected to your SBG7580-AC from online threats. Attacks are blocked and stopped before they can reach and harm your personal devices and information. McAfee protection may require activation or purchase of a security plan.
Additional Security Features
With the additional security features added to the Arris SBG7580AC, you’ll know who wants to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. Devices are identified by name, device type and operating system. You can manage who’s allowed to be on the network & turn off internet access or removed unwanted devices using the mobile app. Never worry about unwanted guests on your network.
SBG7580-AC Wireless Speeds
The Arris SBG7580-AC includes concurrent Dual-Band wireless technology which allows your whole home to remain connected, even without any added range extenders or additional access points. This model broadcasts 2 separate networks simultaneously, keeping you connected, even when you’re in the basement, or your back yard. This allows you to wander seamlessly through your whole home without needing to switch your wireless to a different network as soon as you enter a new room. The SBG7580AC broadcasts one network at 2.4 GHz and the other at 5 GHz, providing speeds up to AC1750.
This model is compatible with a wide array of internet providers in the US. This includes Charter, Brighthouse, Cox, Comcast, Spectrum, Time Warner Cable & More! If you don’t see your provider’s name on this list, it’s possible that this model will still work. We recommend giving your provider a call to confirm that this model number will work on their network & be compatible with your service plan. As always, all modems are backed by our activation guarantee which provides technical support & expedited replacements should any activation issues occur. Contact us today for more information!
- Arris SBG7580AC Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Arris modem is primarily used and is compatible with Atlantic Broadband, Comcast, Cox, Spectrum, Charter & Time Warner Cable service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Arris SBG7580-AC Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Arris SBG7580-AC
Activating your Arris SBG7580-AC is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Arris SBG7580-AC
Resetting your Arris SBG7580-AC is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.