Arris TG862G Product Details
Get ready to experience the Internet’s express lane! Whether you’re checking out streaming media, downloading new software, checking your email, or talking with friends on the phone, the Touchstone TG862G Telephony Gateway brings it all to you faster and more reliably. All while providing toll quality Voice over IP telephone service and both wired and wireless connectivity. It also supports a Lithium-Ion battery backup to provide continued telephone service during power outages. The Touchstone Telephony Gateway provides four Ethernet connections for use as the hub of your home/office Local Area Network (LAN).
Built-In 802.11b/g/n Wireless Connectivity
The Arris TG862G Touchstone Telephony Gateway also provides 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity for enhanced mobility and versatility. In addition, the Touchstone Telephony Gateway provides for up to two separate lines of telephone service. DOCSIS 3.0 offers the highest speed and security on Comcast’s network. The built-in WiFi router is capable of up to 343 mbps download speed. This single-band network is perfect for streaming video, downloading files, checking email, & web browsing!
Arris TG862G Compatibility & Phone
This model works perfectly with Comcast Xfinity for all plans supporting download data rates of 343 Mbps or less. This model also works with Comcast phone service in most areas, however, the firmware with this model may not function correctly in some areas without manual activation from tier 3 technical support from Comcast. This is due to firmware differences compared with their rental version of this model. Please call your provider prior to placing your order with us to ensure this model is a good fit for your network.
- Arris TG862G Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- 8Hr Backup Battery
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Arris modem is primarily used and is compatible with Comcast service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Arris TG862G Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Arris TG862G
Activating your Arris TG862G is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Arris TG862G
Resetting your Arris TG862G is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.