Arris TM722G Product Details
Whether you’re checking out streaming media, downloading new software, checking your email, or talking with friends on the phone, the Touchstone Arris TM722G Telephony Modem has got you covered. Experience toll quality Voice over IP telephone service, even during power outages with this model’s built-in backup battery. Enjoy a free 8hr battery with your ModemGuides order. Own your modem & start saving on your monthly rental fees today!
Easy Installation & Features of the TM722G
The Touchstone Telephony Arris TM722G Modem provides an Ethernet connection for use with either a single computer or home/office Local Area Network (LAN). This give you the flexibility to install a separate router, attach printers, or other wired devices. In addition, the Touchstone Telephony Modem provides for up to two separate lines of telephone service. This model’s firmware allows for it to be installed remotely, usually without requiring you to contact your internet provider. Most installations can be completed through your internet provider’s online activation portal in 30 minutes or less. Sit back and relax as your provider’s portal prompts you through your whole activation without needing a tech or a phone call.
Quality Voice Services from Arris
The Touchstone TM722 DOCSIS 3.0 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (EMTA) that delivers two lines of primary line Voice over IP (VoIP). With DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding, cable operators can offer data services at speeds greater than 343 Mbps to their subscribers to compete against VDSL and Fiber to the home threats.
Additional Arris TM722G Features
With the Arris TM722G DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, you can experience data services at speeds greater than 343 Mbps. The TM722 is backwards compatible with legacy DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 cable equipment and can be deployed without service interruption. This means that this model works in cable environments that may not have been upgraded recently, making it future proofed for future DOCSIS upgrades.
- Arris TM722G Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- 8Hr Backup Battery
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Arris modem is primarily used and is compatible with Comcast Xfinity service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Arris TM722G Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Arris TM722G
Activating your Arris TM722G is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Arris TM722G
Resetting your Arris TM722G is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.