Linksys E2000 Product Details
The Linksys E2000 offers selectable Dual-Band Wireless-N technology and extended range to provide wireless coverage throughout your home. Cisco Connect software gets you set up in a few simple steps and offers powerful tools for managing your wireless network. Easily customize your security settings, set Parental Controls, and access advanced network settings. This router is ideal for small to medium sized homes. Connect all your wireless devices and start sharing more!
Linksys Wireless Routers
The Linksys E-Series includes the E1000, E2000, and E3000 Wireless-N routers–check out a comparison chart of these three models. Additionally, the E-Series offers the customizable, Linux-based E2100L router and the AE1000 Wireless-N Adapter for use with non-wireless desktop and laptop PC computers.
Selectable Dual-Band Wireless
In the settings panel for the E2000, it’s easy to switch your device to either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band. Depending on the location of your router in your home and other factors that contribute to signal strength, you are able to select the best band frequency for your network. Connect your computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players, and other wireless devices in either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz radio bands. These selectable wireless bands help you avoid network interference, and enable smoother file transfers and media streaming. The Linksys E2000 is perfect for entertainment and wireless gaming at Gigabit speeds.
Further and Faster Wireless Connections
The Linksys E2000 incorporates internal antenna technology that provides extended range–ideal for larger homes. The four Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect networked storage and other Gigabit Ethernet-enabled devices to quickly transfer files at up to 1000 Mbps.
Quick & Easy Installation
Cisco Connect software, included with the Linksys E2000, gets your wireless network set up and ready to go in just a few simple steps. Insert the Linksys E2000 CD, run through a few screens, and you’re ready to go within minutes. You’ll quickly be sharing your home’s Internet connection with your family’s other computers and devices and experiencing the incredible performance of Wireless-N. You can also easily access Advanced Settings to customize your preferences.
Easy Remote Management, Parental Controls & More!
Cisco Connect software helps you personalize your settings and quickly add multiple Internet-enabled devices to your network. Use Parental Controls to restrict web usage during certain times and to block unwanted sites; plus customize these Parental Controls by device. Cisco Connect also lets you quickly and easily give password-protected Internet access to visitors while keeping your family’s personal information private. With Cisco Connect, you’re in control.
Enhanced Security for the Connected Home
Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with customizable security settings. All Linksys E-Series routers have advanced WPA/WPA2 wireless security and SPI firewall protection, which are designed to safeguard your home network and computers from most Internet attacks and help protect your data and privacy. Advanced users can access the browser-based utility to further configure the router’s security settings.
E2000 Key Features
- Enjoy the benefits of advanced Wireless-N technology and extended range–ideal for larger homes.
- Connect your computers, gaming consoles, Internet-enabled HDTVs and Blu-ray players, and other wireless devices at up to 300 Mbps of transfer speeds.
- Use four Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for faster file sharing with other Gigabit-enabled devices, including computers, hard drives, and servers.
- Utilize selectable dual-band (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz) to avoid interference on your network, allowing for smoother file transfers and media streaming.
- Set up your wireless network in a few simple steps using included Cisco Connect software.
- Connect additional computers and other devices using Cisco Connect.
- Keep Wi-Fi freeloaders and Internet threats at bay with customizable security settings, including WPA/WPA2 Personal and SPI firewall protection.
- Give visitors password-protected Internet access on a separate network–so your visitors have access to the Internet, but not your computers or data.
- Use Cisco Connect’s Parental Controls to block specific websites and restrict Internet access during certain hours.
- Customize your network using easily accessible Advanced Settings.
- Linksys E2000 WiFi Router
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Cisco-Linksys E2000 Manual & Product Guides
How to Reset Cisco-Linksys E2000
Resetting your Cisco-Linksys E2000 is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.