Netgear C7100V Product Details
The Netgear C7100V DOCSIS 3.0 wireless 24×8 cable modem includes a wide range of features and supports blazing-fast speeds. With its integrated WiFi router and 2 telephone lines, this device covers all your internet needs, in one small form factor. Own your Netgear Nighthawk C7100V today and stop paying your monthly equipment rental fee!
Netgear Nighthawk C7100V Compatibility
The Netgear C7100V has been certified to work with Comcast Xfinity and works on most Comcast triple-play plans. Even though this device has been tested extensively with Comcast, we highly recommend calling your provider before ordering to ensure this model works in your area and will be a good fit for your service plan.
Netgear C7100V Speeds
The C7100V features 24×8 channel bonding which delivers wired download speeds up to 960 Mbps. Even though this seems close to what would be required for Gigabit plans with Comcast & other providers, we don’t recommend this model for Gigabit customers.
This modem also features dual-band built-in wireless, which supports a combined download speed up to 1900 Mbps.
Netgear C7100V Additional Features
- Supports high definition video conferencing (Zoom, Skype, WebEx, FaceTime, and more)
- All-in-one device, no need for separate WiFi router or phone modem
- Get up to 1800 sq ft wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps).
- Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- Up to 16x faster download speeds than the DOCSIS 2.0 standard.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, game console, storage drive, and other devices.
- Netgear C7100V Cable Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Netgear cable modem is primarily used and is compatible with Comcast Xfinity service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Netgear C7100V Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Netgear C7100V
Activating your Netgear C7100V is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Netgear C7100V
Resetting your Netgear C7100V is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.