Netgear D2200D Product Details
A dependable and powerful ADSL wireless modem that is ideal for both home and small business use is the Netgear D2200D. It offers quick and reliable internet connections over your current phone line, making it simple for you to browse the web, stream videos, and more.
A wireless router that is already included inside the D2200D lets you build a reliable WiFi network. The four Ethernet connections on the modem’s back allow you to connect your devices wirelessly or through a wired connection. A USB connector on the modem enables you to share devices like an external hard drive or printer across your network.
Both setting up and managing the Netgear D2200D are simple. It has an intuitive online interface that makes it simple to configure and keep track of your network settings. To safeguard your network from online threats, the modem also has cutting-edge security features including WPA2 wireless encryption and a built-in firewall.
In conclusion, the Netgear D2200D is a flexible and dependable wireless modem that offers quick and dependable internet connections for all of your online requirements.
- NETGEAR quality, reliability and ease-of-use
- Small form factor
- Enables DSL deployment in cost sensitive environment
- Fast WiFi N300 speeds for a reliable video and streaming experience
- Secure WiFi access
- Private and public WiFi access
- TR-069 for remote management for faster troubleshooting and support
- Future-proof for continued network
- Simple one-button set-up with Push ‘N’ Connect (WPS)
- 2×2 11n WiFi
- 4FE LAN ports
- WPA/WPA2 and WPS
- IPV6 dual-stack
- Netgear D2200D ADSL Gateway
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
In most locations, CenturyLink & Frontier internet services are compatible with this Netgear DSL modem. Prior to placing your order with us, always get in touch with the customer service department of your service provider to make sure this model will be compatible with your service plan. It’s possible that some service plan speeds won’t work.
Netgear D2200D Manuals & Guides
How to Activate the Netgear D2200D Modem
Activating your new Netgear D2200D modem router combo takes about 30-45 minutes and is a really simple process. We recommend taking a picture of your modem’s stickers with your smartphone so that it’s easier to reference while you’re going through the activation process with your internet provider.
- Plug in your Netgear D2200D modem and wait for it to boot up, then connect the DSL cable into the back.
- Next call your internet service provider’s customer service and let them know you’d like to get your new modem activated.
- Keep the picture of your modem’s serial number and other unique identifiers handy for easy reference.
- At the end of the call, your provider will run a few tests with you and confirm that your modem is activated and ready for use!
How to Reset Netgear D2200D
Resetting your Netgear D2200D DSL modem is a simple troubleshooting technique that is good to have in your arsenal. It takes just a few minutes to complete and can correct a good number of common network problems.
- Make sure your D2200D is plugged in and has booted up for at least 5 minutes before beginning.
- Locate the reset button on the back of your modem near where all the ports are. The button is inside of a small hole, so you’ll likely need a paperclip or other small object to press it in.
- Press an hold down the reset button for 30 seconds while the D2200D is plugged in, and then release.
- Wait another 5 minutes for the modem to reset and reboot itself.
You’ve now reset your Netgear D2200D to factory default settings!
Netgear D2200D Login Instructions
Logging into your modem’s IP settings allows you to adjust WiFi settings, security and so much more! It’s really easy to log in once you’re familiar with the process, but it’s not something you will likely need to do every day.
- Plug your modem into the power supply cable, then plug an ethernet cable into your modem going directly to your computer.
- On your computer, open a web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox or Safari work best)
- Type 192.168.254.254 (or your modem’s default IP address) in the URL address bar. You should see 2 text fields where you can enter a username and a password.
- Enter the username and password for your Netgear modem:
- Username: admin.
- Password: admin.
- Enter the username & password, hit “Enter” and now you should see the control panel of your router.
You’re now logged into your Netgear D2200D modem’s IP admin settings panel!
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.