Technicolor C2000T Product Details
Quick and easy connection is made possible with this CenturyLink C2000T ADSL/VDSL modem and router combo, featuring Wireless-N technology for clear signals and enhanced range. The perfect CenturyLink DSL modem for streaming video, music, and gaming. The CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T has 2 external antennas that amplify your WiFi throughout your whole home. An all-in-one solution, this model also includes the option to add a phone to your network. In comparison to other CenturyLink approved devices offered on ModemGuides.com, this one sets itself apart with the integrated phone, enhanced security & external antennas. As a result, we’ve featured this model as one of our best options for CenturyLink.
CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T Security
The C2000T features plenty of security measures to help keep your network secure from malicious attacks and malware. The firewall and WEP encryption security options keep your data secure. Since this model is compatible with most CenturyLink DSL services, activation is a breeze. Please call your provider prior to purchasing to confirm compatibility with your services. This model is not approved for use with AT&T.
All-In-One Solution for Your Home or Business Network
The Technicolor C2000T helps get the most out of your internet by combining all DSL services into one device. This model features built-in wireless, phone line, and enhanced security. As a result, we feel this model has one of the best sets of features for triple-play service plans. Since the C2000T includes all the features you need & is easy to activate, we recommend this model for people considering a triple play package with their provider.
Build a Future-Proof Network with the C2000T
The CenturyLink Technicolor C2000T is a powerful, “future-proof” gateway modem. This model allows Bonded VDSL2 connectivity and provides Voice over IP (telephone) functions for residential users. Additionally, this model features a dedicated Gigabit Ethernet flexible WAN/LAN port and DSL WAN sensing. As a result, the C2000T works well in mixed DSL and fiber-based networks. In addition to its four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, the CenturyLink C2000T offers an IEEE 802.11n wireless access point for Local Area Network (LAN) access. Consequently, the C2000T is both easy to activate & great for anyone looking for an upgraded network experience.
- Technicolor C2000T DSL Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- DSL / Phone Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Technicolor modem is primarily used and is compatible with CenturyLink service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Technicolor C2000T Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Technicolor C2000T
Activating your Technicolor C2000T is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Technicolor C2000T
Resetting your Technicolor C2000T is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.