Zyxel PK5001Z Product Details
The PK5001Z features 802.11n wireless technology with 5 dBi antennas (2T x 2R). This provides an optimal wireless experience: improved speed, reduced dead zones, and extended coverage. With data rates of up to 300 Mbps, the PK5001Z provides consistent and reliable wireless connections for high-speed data and multimedia delivery.
The PK5001Z is based on ADSL2+ standards offering fast access to the Internet while maintaining stable connections delivering enough bandwidth to surf the Internet. Heavy multimedia use, such as simultaneously streaming video/audio content and online-gaming, is faster and smoother with the PK5001Z.
Enhanced security ensures the protection of traffic from the WAN to the LAN. Through ZyXEL’s implementation of dual Ethernet firewalls (NAT and SPI), the PK5001Z is able to identify and manage malicious content and applications. And, as part of its wireless security design, the PK5001Z supports WPA2/WPA/WEP and features a hardware WPS button allowing customers to enjoy easy setup using a simple button. These features simplify the end user’s ability to set up and utilize a secure, wireless network.
The PK5001Z provides DSL Forum compliant TR-069 remote management features to ensure faster deployment by Service Providers. In addition, ZyXEL’s standard onboard management options, remote provisioning, monitoring, and management features help CenturyLink reduce OPEX while enhancing customer satisfaction.
Many North American carrier networks are migrating from IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6 which creates the potential for stranded equipment unable to support these requirements. Certified as an IPv6-ready vendor for over three years, ZyXEL is a global-provider of equipment supporting dual-stack IP networks and provides this feature on many current Zyxel products including the PK5001Z.
- Zyxel PK5001Z ADSL2+ Modem
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Supply Cable
- DSL / Phone Cable
- Online Installation Manual
Will this work with my internet company?
This Zyxel modem is primarily used and is compatible with CenturyLink service in most areas. To verify that this model will work in your area, always contact your service provider’s customer service prior to placing your order with us to confirm that this model will work with your service plan. Some service plan speeds may not be supported.
Zyxel PK5001Z Manual & Product Guides
How to Activate Zyxel PK5001Z
Activating your Zyxel PK5001Z is the first step you need to take after unboxing your new modem. It’s a fairly simple process, and we recommend setting aside about an hour of your time to ensure you’re able to complete the whole activation.
- Plug in your new modem the same as the one it’s replacing. Make sure power cable is plugged in and coaxial cable is screwed in on the back as well. It’s recommended to do this and then wait an hour before calling your provider, if possible, so that your modem can download whatever firmware is needed for the activation.
- Next, call your provider and let them know that you’re doing an activation with a self-install of your new modem. They’ll ask you for a few of the numbers on the bottom of the unit and then proceed to get your modem added to your account and service plan.
- The call will end after the representative verifies with you that you have an internet connection. You can test this for yourself simply by visiting a few websites.
Your modem is now activated!
How to Reset Zyxel PK5001Z
Resetting your Zyxel PK5001Z is one of the easiest ways to correct almost all common technical issues that you may experience over the life of your modem. It’s a super handy tool to have in your troubleshooting repertoire and can save you hours on the phone with your provider. Here’s how it’s done:
- Plug your modem in to the power supply and wait 2 minutes for it to boot up fully. You’ll know it’s booted fully when the wireless lights come on.
- Locate the reset button on the back of the modem. It’ll be on the same side where all the ports are located. Generally reset buttons on this kind of device will just be a tiny hole that may or may not be labeled.
- You’ll need a flattened paperclip or pen cartridge to do this next part. Press down and hold the reset button for 30 seconds with your modem still plugged in. You should feel a small dull click when you press in the reset button with your paperclip.
- Now wait a few minutes for your modem to reset and reboot itself. You’ll know it’s finished and ready to use when the WiFi lights come back on.
Tip: Still not resetting? Try just holding down for 15 or 20 seconds instead of the full 30. Some firmware versions differ on the number of seconds needed for a reset.
How to Find Your IP Address
This method works on Windows computers and does not require any software to be downloaded. You’ll be using command prompt to find the internal IP address so you can log into your WiFi router or modem router’s settings panel.
- Click the start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- In the search bar in your start menu, type in “cmd.exe” and then click on that program when it appears in the search.
- When the program opens, you’ll see a black window on your screen with white text.
- Type into the program “ipconfig“, then hit Enter. Your window should look like the one shown below. The IP address circled below shows where your internal IP address will be on your command prompt window. Now you can move on to accessing your modem or modem router’s settings admin panel.